San Diego Electric Service & Meter Upgrades
Most homes older than 20 years no longer have enough power to keep up with our modern electrical uses. That's why Point Loma Electric offers top notch electric service and meter upgrades for homeowners throughout the San Diego area.
If you live in an older home that doesn't seem up to par with today's electricity demands, contact us. Our San Diego electricians can upgrade your meter box to 100 amps, 200 amps, or even larger. Point Loma Electric handles more meter box upgrades in a month than most electrical contractors do in a year!
Is It Time For a Meter Upgrade for Your Home?
Many older homes have electrical systems that have a smaller power capacity than what today's more modern homes require. This makes for a system that doesn't have enough electrical capacity to survive in today's electronic and gadget based world. For this reason many people look to expand the capacity of their home's electrical system through electric service and meter upgrades.
Most people today have modern appliances such as dishwashers, washers, dryers, generators and other types of appliances that require more voltage than what some older types of homes in San Diego have available. To have your old home support your newer and more modern appliances, you will most likely have to consult your local San Diego electrician or electrical contractor and talk to them about what they can do to expand your home's capacity.
Some of the symptoms of your home not having enough power are:
- You frequently blow fuses or circuit breakers when you use too many appliances like vacuum cleaners, microwaves or space heaters
- The lights dim when you turn on an appliance
- You don't have enough electrical receptacles for the number of appliances you use.
- You may have many extension cords and adapters to fit more plugs
Think about the new appliances that have become widely available over the last 40 years or so. Vacuum cleaners, space heaters, air conditioners, microwaves, curling irons, hair dryers, big screen televisions, spas, computers etc. Many of these appliances draw significant amounts of electrical power. Some older homes in San Diego only have 60-100 amps of power available in their electrical panel. A typical space heater or microwave can draw 15-20 amps alone. Then you have the lights, fridge, microwave, etc. Now you can see why it may be necessary to upgrade your homes electrical system and get a meter upgrade.
Upgrading a homes electrical system and electricity meter isn't an easy job, and it's not recommended to get involved with a project like this unless you are a professional electrical contractor and you know what you're doing. This is not a job for your handyman, the just out of school electrician or your friend's brother who "knows how to do electrical work." Electrical service and meter upgrade are advanced level electrical work. If you need to upgrade your electrical system, contact a licensed electrical contractor in your area.
At Point Loma Electric, our San Diego electricians specialize in upgrading the electrical systems of older homes and can help you expand the power capacity of your home so that you will have the capacity to power the more modern devices that require higher voltage draws. We will handle all aspects of your electrical service upgrade including obtaining a permit and dealing with the city and the utility company to ensure your meter upgrade is done correctly.
Once you have your new power system with an increased capacity, you'll never have to worry about the safety of your home from an electrical perspective, blowing circuits or having the power you need for all of your appliances!
Our San Diego Electric Service & Meter Upgrade Contractors Provide These Services
- Electrical Services
- Meter Upgrades
- Electrical Meters
- Electrical Power
- Energy Services
- Power Meters
- Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Repairs
- New Electricity Meters
- Electric Meter Upgrade
- Electric Meter Installation
- Electricity Meter Replacement
Why San Diego Should Hire Us for Meter Upgrades
Point Loma Electric has been providing homeowners in the San Diego area with quality electrical services and repairs since 1988. Our goal is to provide our customers with complete satisfaction. We take pride in arriving on time to complete the residential electrical repairs we are hired for, ensuring a minimal disruption to your life and home. We work promptly and efficiently, and we stand behind our work.
We are the San Diego electricians you can rely on when you find your home in need of electrical services. Our team of professional San Diego electrical contractors are licensed and insured, and have the training and experience to deal with any electrical problem you may encounter. From faulty breakers to electrical re-wiring jobs, we have the experience and knowledge to handle it all.
Recent Articles about Electric Service & Meter Upgrades
- San Diego Electric Service Upgrades: Electrical Issues in Older Houses - When is time to replace old electrical wiring with modern materials? Often times older homes have a lot of mixed electrical wiring. Some of the cables have a black covering that looks something like canvas. Some have metal jackets. There may even be other types of electrical wires in an older home in San Diego ... [Read more]
- San Diego Circuit Breaker Panels: The Heart of a Home’s Electric System - The San Diego home’s electrical system operates like a human being’s body. Circuits and wires carry electricity throughout the home like veins and arteries carry blood to organs and limbs. Just as blood keeps the body alive, electricity keeps televisions on, computers powered, and refrigerators running. Blood cannot travel throughout a body unless its heart ... [Read more]