San Diego Service Panel Upgrades
Commercial service panel upgrades are important for older buildings in San Diego as well as commercial spaces that have undergone some type of remodeling or increased electrical usage. A service panel upgrade will accommodate increased energy sues, providing your company with a modern breaker box to cope with the demands of modern technology. The electrical panels we install are equipped with more capacity and better technology to provide you a more efficient electrical system, improving your business operations and electrical efficiency.
Service panel upgrades could also include replacing your old meter sockets and upgrading your electrical wiring, all to ensure that you will get a smooth running condition of electricity in your property.
How to Tell If You Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
If any of these apply to you, it may be time to upgrade your San Diego electrical service:
- Do Your Fuses keep blowing? Fuses and circuit breakers are designed to keep you safe from fire hazards. When too much electricity flows through a wire the circuit breaker is designed to trip and prevent the wires from overheating and causing a fire. If your fuses are tripping regularly there is a reason. You may be overloading the circuits. Sometimes simply adding an additional circuit will alleviate the problem.
- Do you have hard wired smoke detectors with battery backup? Did you know that this has been a code requirement for many years? Are you aware that all smoke alarms are required to activate simultaneously? This can be safety concern for your business.
- If the power goes out when too many appliances are in use, you are overloading your circuits. You loose power when the circuit breakers trip.
- Built more than 30 years ago? Houses and commercial buildings built more than 30 years ago were not designed to handle the modern appliances that are in use today. Modern conveniences such as microwaves, hair dryers, room heaters and air conditioners and 12amp vacuum cleaners can all over-tax an under-powered electrical system. Houses and buildings built before the 1960's were built with only 60 amp electrical service. Later, some came with 100 amp service. Today's modern appliances call for a minimum of 200 amp service, and occasionally even more.
- Knob and tube wiring is one of the earliest forms of electrical wiring. It is not uncommon to find buildings constructed before the 1930's to still have some knob and tube wiring. If you still have knob and tube wiring in your building, it most certainly needs to be replaced. Insurance companies will no longer insure buildings with knob and tube wiring.
- No grounded 3 prong plugs. Grounded receptacles have been required in homes since the 1970s. This is an important safety issue that should be addressed if your building does not have this modern safety requirement.
- No GFI (ground fault interrupt) circuits. GFI outlets have been required in all kitchens and bathrooms since 1972. A GFCI outlet will trip if there is an appliance or wire gets wet, causing a serious electrical fire hazard. If your home does not have GFI receptacles where required, especially near wet locations, you are endangering your safety and should have this inexpensive but critical upgrade installed in your home. GFI receptacles are required in the following locations: Kitchens, Bathrooms, Garages, Outdoors, Wet Bars or where no ground is present.
At Point Loma Electric, we are your "go-to" San Diego electrician. If you find your building in need of an electrical panel upgrade, we can take care of it for you with minimal interruption to your business. Give us a call today to discuss your needs and options.
Services Our San Diego Service Panel Upgrade Contractors Provide
- Service Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Services
- Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Re-wiring
- Electrical Meter Upgrade
- Electrical Service Upgrade
- Electrical Repairs
- Commercial Electricians
- Commercial Electrical Service
- Electrical Wiring
Why San Diego Should Hire Us for Service Panel Upgrades
Point Loma Electric has been providing homeowners in the San Diego area with quality electrical services and repairs since 1988. Our goal is to provide our customers with complete satisfaction. We take pride in arriving on time to complete the residential electrical repairs we are hired for, ensuring a minimal disruption to your life and home. We work promptly and efficiently, and we stand behind our work.
We are the San Diego electricians you can rely on when you find your home in need of electrical services. Our team of professional San Diego electrical contractors are licensed and insured, and have the training and experience to deal with any electrical problem you may encounter. From faulty breakers to electrical re-wiring jobs, we have the experience and knowledge to handle it all.
Recent Articles about Service Panel Upgrades
- San Diego Service Panel Upgrades: A Safe Choice - Electricity puts a house in function. It plays a vital role in serving food, keeping us warm from the weather, aiding us in daily tasks and providing comfort with many variables of entertainment. Without it, a house ceases to function effectively. It is with this thought that the electrical service panel is a very essential ... [Read more]
- San Diego Electric Service Upgrades: Electrical Issues in Older Houses - When is time to replace old electrical wiring with modern materials? Often times older homes have a lot of mixed electrical wiring. Some of the cables have a black covering that looks something like canvas. Some have metal jackets. There may even be other types of electrical wires in an older home in San Diego ... [Read more]